In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must wear a life jacket at all times when using rental equipment
- Must not exceed the manufacturer’s weight limit for the vessel (285lbs. Adult SUP or 200 lbs. Youth SUP).
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
- Must have the ability to enter and exit the vessel independently or with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have prior knowledge on stand up paddle board use and the ability to move the vessel through the water in a stable manner and return it to the launching area.
- Must have the ability to tolerate 80 degree Fahrenheit water and bright sunlight for 1.5 hours.
In the event of capsize, one:
- Must have the ability to get out from under the watercraft independently.
- Must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with the aid of a personal flotation device.